On 13/12/2017 21:38, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 13.12.2017 um 21:59 schrieb Groach:
Is there any suggestions on a rule or procedure to implement that will
help defend against the MAILSPLOIT type of spoofing?
Seehttps://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-users&m=151265708616825&w=2 and follow-
ups?

Thanks for that.

I followed the thread you mentioned: I see that 'Kevin' says he has a rule in his personal KAM.cf and that there isnt anything published in base spamassassin scores. (Or am I missing something)?

So how does one:

a,  obtain KAM.cf  or
b, decipher the mechanism to which Kevin uses in order we can apply similar in our own local.cf

and where is the problem copy the few lines to local.cf

header    __KAM_MAILSPLOIT1     From =~ /[\0]/
describe __KAM_MAILSPLOIT1 RFC2047 Exploit https://www.mailsploit.com/index
header    __KAM_MAILSPLOIT2     From =~ /[\n]/
describe __KAM_MAILSPLOIT2 RFC2047 Exploit https://www.mailsploit.com/index
tflags    __KAM_MAILSPLOIT2     multiple maxhits=2
meta KAM_MAILSPLOIT (__KAM_MAILSPLOIT1 || (__KAM_MAILSPLOIT2 >= 2)) describe KAM_MAILSPLOIT Mail triggers known exploits per mailsploit.com
score     KAM_MAILSPLOIT        6.0

No problem. Of course I can do that but wanted to ask for other methods too in case there was a more reliable way to check and update when Keven updates his rules (to benefit from his other offerings).