yes, everything you say is accurate and correct.

We are not looking for perfection in the gathering of statistics, only
ballpark.

No one will ever open the bogus, phishing emails because the emails are
not attached to a living person.  Once the statistic is collected the
email is automatically deleted.

Think honey pot/greylisting pot that looks at the amount of emails a
never before used email address with a highly unique local-part that is
not attached to a real person and has never been used to send mail on a
domain that is also very unique that only accepts email for a select
whitelist of addresses.

What is the guess that it will be flooded with spam?

That is what we are setting out to ascertain.