On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 17:12:08 +0100
Benny Pedersen wrote:

> Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2018-02-05 16:53:
>
> > I don't think that will apply will it because it will be looking up
> > something like 1.2.3.4.bb.barracuda.blah which isn't cached.
>
> the first qurry can make a qurry with very low ttl, so it would not
> be cached, that means number 2 query still mkae dns query to that
> zone :(

SA sends its DNS requests out early in rapid succession. The chances
are that the local DNS cache would see the second request as a
duplicate of a pending look-up.  In that case caching is not needed.

> > Anyway, we're debating a rule that's removed :)

> lastexternal is still a mistake imho :=)

lastexternal is correct, that's what RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT does. Making
use of deep checks on lists containing dynamic addresses is risky, and
likely to vary a lot between different mail flows.

David's rules are not appropriate as a general replacement for
RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT IMO.