On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Joelle wrote:

Hello,

I want to block e-mails with a sender display name containing given strings.

All my rules of the type ;
From:name =~ /string/
don't work

On the other side,
rules of the type :
From:addr =~ /string/
work

and rules of the type
From =~ /string/
work only if string lies in the address part of the From field

What must I do to filter e-mails on the display name ?

Firstly, please provide some examples of complete From: headers that you want to match. Please don't change them in any way.

Secondly, your first example is case-sensitive. Is it possible that your RE and the actual header display name you want to match differ in case?

  From the Liberty perspective, it doesn't matter if it's a
  jackboot or a Birkenstock smashing your face.         -- Robb Allen
 5 days until May Day - Remember 110 million people murdered by Communism