On 11/04/2018 09:14 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
is it a problem ?

i think it should be solved to make configfiles local dns resolved only, if at all it needs to be dns

so cf changes to cf.localdomain or cf.localhost, not just use cf with is a valid cctlds :(

is cf.local valid and where ?

i have not maked a bug on it yet, but will start here to hear what should be done

Why does it matter if there's a naming collision between DNS domain names and file names?

I was not aware of any relationship between then.

It's my understanding that the .local extension is to differentiate the file from a file that is distributed as part of the software distribution system. I.e. the file contains changes that are local to the system.

I (naively) think that changing the name of files / extensions to fall in line with (what I think is) a completely unrelated namespace is going to set a dangerous precedence and start a game of whack-a-mole.

If I'm completely overlooking something (entirely possible ~> likely), please (gently) enlighten me.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die