I have Spamassassin running on Debian with Postfix, Dovecot etc. It seems to
work, Spam
is filtered to my Quarantine. I have some virtual mailboxes in /var/mail/vhosts
and have
set up the Option

-x --virtual-config-dir=/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%l/spamassassin
This does not work, in the log file  /var/log/spamassassin/spamd.log

I find these lines:

warn: plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create
tmp lockfile /var/
mail/vhosts///spamassassin/bayes.lock.domain.de.3653 for /var/mail/vhosts///spa

So the user name and the domain are  not replaced in the pattern. What may be
wrong??

Cheers, Eggert