On 15 Jan 2019, at 11:08, Grant Taylor wrote:

Does anybody know off the top of their head—don't dig, I'll do that later—what might cause SpamAssassin to apply SPF processing to earlier Received: headers (lower in the message source)?

Check both the contents and documentation of trusted_networks, msa_networks, and internal_networks.

I'm seeing SpamAssassin claim that a message failed SPF processing based on chronologically earlier internal Received: headers. Conversely, the connection to my SMTP server are perfectly acceptable with the published SPF record.

If SA thinks a prior hop is through a machine that writes trustworthy Received headers and is a normal part of your relay path, it will check SPF there.

There MAY be a design bug there. I'm not sure how SA deals with a machine you trust and which is a normal inbound relay that also is SPF-approved for mail it gets from other places. Maybe msa_networks can solve this.

I just noticed this and will look into it further later as soon as time permits. I'm hoping that someone may have a 15 second knee-jerk "check this or that" type response.

Thank you in advance.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die