Glad you found the issue.

Your trouble shooting approach was spot on with the step by step tweaking and checks.

Thanks for keeping us updated :)

Evan

On 2019/02/13 02:00, Ken Wright wrote:
Success!

I got so frustrated I reformatted the hard drive and started over.  This
time, after installing SA and before any tweaking, I tried to start it,
and it worked.  So I started checking after every tweak, so I could find
where the problem lay.  Turns out the Options line in /etc/spamassassin
had a glitch, so I tweaked it a bit and tried again.  Joy!

My sincere thanks to everyone who tried to help.  I'm sure this won't be
the last time I need advice!

Ken

--
Kind Regards,