Bill Cole kirjoitti 14.4.2019 21:13:
On 14 Apr 2019, at 4:03, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

How can I best support SpamAssassin besides having a mass check automation and mirrors for the sa-update?

Those are both large contributions. Thank you for that support.

The obvious repository of things we need fixed is the Bugzilla. There
are a lot of open bugs, most of which require some Perl prowess and
substantial time to fix, because we've done pretty well on attacking
simple bugs as they are reported. There are gaps and flaws in the
documentation, both on the Wiki and internal to the code, where many
authors have used only standard commenting instead of POD, effectively
hiding documentation. rule development is also potentially quite
helpful, if you are good at it and have the patience to deal with the
testing process (e.g. like John Hardin.)

Thank you for your post. I am a professional software developer and work currently as a Senior Java Developer in a large multinational. I know "tons of" programming languages but sadly Perl or Regexp are not part of it. I can READ Perl, but I can not read the Perl book I have to the amount that I could actually be productive in a Perl software project. The language just feels too backwards to me that I can not bother to learn.

So I will stick to my day job and ponder other options for this.

--
ja...@iki.fi