Attempting to answer all your questions related to zimbra

Zimbra doesn't do any training until it is kicked off by cron for the zimbra
user... Training a message as spam from the MUA interface sends the email to a
special spam account... Training messages as not spam goes to a special ham
account. You can pull those emails or use your admin interface to see what the
users have trained before actual training occurs as a consequence. Look at your
zimbra crontab entry to see when zmtrainsa runs which pulls the emails and
trains them. With everything in zimbra, make sure you are the zimbra user
before running any SA commands. If you want to train vast amounts of email as
spam or ham, you can use the zmtrainsa and point it to a directory of messages.
zmtrainsa is just a wrapper to get your zimbra spamassassin environment correct
so that would show you sa-learn and the correct options (ie. paths), etc. Given
this is really zimbra specific, probably better to ask this on the Zimbra
administrator forums if you have specific questions so the rest of the
community can learn.

Note: it doesn't require anything special to run spamassassin in debug mode to
test rules... just make sure you do it as the zimbra user so your environment
is established.

HTH,

Jim