On 03/07/19 18:05, Chris Conn wrote:

Hello,

I am having a quick look over the config as am intrigued by this plugin; what is the motivation to change the RCVD_IN_XXX dnsbl lookups to utilize the per-user key system?  Is this a pre-cursor to an eventual phase-out of the typical 20_dnsbl_tests.conf mecanisms?

Hi,

public mirrors will stay there for a*long* time, don't worry :)

The whole point of using DQS instead of them is how fast DQS is updated compared to the mirrors. Mirrors can take up to a minute to have fresh data pushed to, and, while 60 seconds could seem like an acceptable time, it is *not* when dealing with hailstormers. DQS is updated in nearly true real time and starts serving listings as soon as we start detecting new sources.

You can theoretically use the plugin with public mirror's data, but the detection rate will not be comparable to DQS. Also public mirrors don't have ZRD and AuthBL.

Think of DQS like an upgrade from the public mirrors that only cost the time to register :)

--
Best regards,
Riccardo Alfieri

Spamhaus Technology