On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 15:30:46 +0200
Dan Malm wrote:

> Ok, I'm pretty sure this is mostly on my end, but I think there are
> also some issues with the __NOT_SPOOFED meta rule.
>
> 1: I was able to reproduce getting the SPOOFED_FREEMAIL locally on my
> machine when running spammassassin with the -L parameter.
>
> 2: The reason (I assume) that I get the rule hit on my servers is this
> which I get when I run a manual spamassassin check with debugging
> enabled: dbg: dkim: cannot load Mail::DKIM module, DKIM checks
> disabled: Can't locate Mail/DKIM/Verifier.pm in @INC (you may need to
> install the Mail::DKIM::Verifier module) (@INC contains: lib
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.28
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.28/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.28) at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/DKIM.pm line
> 675.
>
> So, given that the Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DKIM plugin is loaded,
> __NOT_SPOOFED will check DKIM_VALID and ignore the -L parameter and
> ignore errors with the DKIM validity check.

The rules will work around the DKIM plugin not being loaded by switching
to a a simple header test for the signature, but they can't cope with
DKIM being otherwise disabled. __NOT_SPOOFED is still checking for
SPF_PASS.

The rule QA webpage shows results for score set 0 (no net, no Bayes).
From other results I've seen, I think this has net plugins loaded, but
unused. That means that !__NOT_SPOOFED is unconditionally true, so
SPOOFED_FREEMAIL is effectivly then FREEMAIL_FROM && !__FS_SUBJ_RE.
The wont reflect the actual results in score set 0/2 with the plugins
unloaded or the results in sets 1/3.