On Sep 26, 2019, at 10:18 AM, John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:

> Some of those are following a pattern I've recently noticed - fairly
> obviously bogus spamvertising domain URLs with some .gov URLs thrown in as
> well. I'm assuming that's an attempt to leverage naïve domain whitelisting.
> One has a Humane Society URL, I presume the goal is similar.

Although they may not be in the spamples I provided, I've also seen .edu links.
 And in today's spam I got a .gov.on.ca <http://gov.on.ca/> link.  So we might
need some variants, but then again, I suspect these will require a lot of
tuning to guard against FPs.

My new AC_ rules (particularly AC_LARGE_INDENT and AC_POST*EXTRAS) do really
well locally, but not so much in masscheck ... but they hit otherwise very
low-scoring spam.  I would request that someone more talented than I am look at
tuning those against FPs, if they are willing...

Cheers.

--- Amir