Linkcheck skrev den 2019-11-17 23:49:
Thanks for the response.

I looked into replacing unix:/var/run/spamass/spamass.sock with
inet:localhost:783 in main.cf (which I'm pretty sure is wrong!)
and it logged errors and refused mail.
glibc have ipv6 prefered over ipv4, so if spamd only listen on ipv4 ?
change localhost with [127.0.0.1] solves it

Reason I thought it was wrong is: I thought I was actually assigning
spamd when I should be assigning spamass sock. Am I wrong in that
assumption? If  I am I'll try it ASAP - it's a live server so I need
to pick a quiet time.

i lost that localhost is aswell the spamass socket aswell as spamd. just diffrent ports ofcourse

ls -l
drwxrwxr-x  2 postfix    postfix      40 Nov  5 19:45 spamass
(nothing in folder)

socket can only be created here if spamas-milter starts as root and drop priveleges later, this is what dovecot do with dovecot sasl sockets, but if spamass-milter does not start as root then you can only use inet not unix

mail route will be internet > postfix smtpd > spamass-milter inet > spamc client > spamd inet

no unix socket needed