What, if any, local SpamAssassin settings does spams-milter use when processing
incoming mail?

For example, if I wanted to white list a sender or blacklist a domain, would
the general settings in /usr/local/etc/spamassasin/local.cf be the place?

I am wondering because I have a server whitelisted in that file (or do I?), but
I am seeing occasional logs like:

postfix/cleanup[7771] 49MN7m64m8z2rPFW: milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from
server.example.com[n.n.n.n]: 5.7.1 Blocked by SpamAssassin;

# Allow all mailing list posts from example.com
whitelist_from_rcvd: *@* server.example.com

This seems to be in accordance with the docs.

--
The true prize was control. Lord Vetinari knew that. When heavy
        weights were balanced on the scales, the trick was to know where