The proposed name changes were proposed for many years in the software community.   For example in 2014, Drupal opted to use "primary/replica" instead, and Django followed suit the same year with "leader/follower".    In 2018, there apparently was a renewed interest in changing the names by many others.   For example, I found:

https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-knodel-terminology-00.html

So this issue is nothing new, and the arguments on this issue, that have been occurring on this mailing list, have already occurred.

- Mark