On Thu, 3 Sep 2020, David B Funk wrote:

On Thu, 3 Sep 2020, bobby wrote:

 I am following this
 tutorial:
https://www.linuxbabe.com/redhat/spamassassin-centos-rhel-block-email-spam.I
 followed the steps in "Move Spam
 into the Junk Folder".  When I send an email from a blacklisted e-mail
 address, I get a bounce e-mail from my e-mail server.  Here is what
 is in my spamass-milter file:
 EXTRA_FLAGS="-m -r 8 -R NO_SPAM -i 127.0.0.1 -g sa-milt --
 --max-size=5120000"
 I would prefer it to go into my Junk folder.  How can I make this happen?

Bobby,

You need to read the spamass-milter documentation to understand what those options are doing.

That "-r 8" tells spamass-milter to return a 'SMIFS_REJECT' status to postfix if the spam score is over 8. This causes postfix to refuse to accept the message at all (sort of like when somebody tries to send a message to a bogus recipient).

So if postfix never lets spam get in the front door it cannot be delivered to any kind of "Junk Folder"

You probably want either the -b or -B option, which allows you to
specify an address that tagged mail gets sent to.  It's particularly
useful in combination with the -r option so that you can get a sense
of what's being rejected outright.

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |      System Admin - UT CompSci
All syllogisms contain three lines |              sha...@shanew.net
Therefore this is not a syllogism  | www.ischool.utexas.edu/~shanew