On Wed, 7 Oct 2020, Riccardo Alfieri wrote:

Hi Chris,

spamd[435769]: dns: new_dns_packet
(domain=o279.send.iheartdogs.com..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/db
l.dq
.spamhaus.net. type=A class=IN) failed: a domain name contains
a null
label

Can you check how the DQS lookups are defined in the .cf files?

The correct sytax would be, ie:

urirhssub URIBL_DBL_SPAM <your-key>.dbl.dq.spamhaus.net. A 127.0.1.2

From what appears in the logs it may be that you have an extra dot somewhere, possibly before the DQS key

That's *very* plausible if the "xxxxxxxxx" stuff in what you've been providing is your obfuscated key.

Please note when you do things like that - not all of us have experience with paid feeds, and wouldn't be able to detect the obfuscation... (like me, for instance. I got to the same place but it wasn't as direct for me as it was for Riccardo.)

If that is indeed the cause, then it might be worthwhile to open a bug to strip leading dot(s) from urirhssub config lines to avoid this, or at least generate a lint warning if they are present.

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Ignorance is no excuse for a law.
 Tomorrow: the 449th anniversary of the muslim Ottoman defeat at Lepanto