micah anderson skrev den 2020-12-08 21:54:
Kris Deugau <kdeu...@vianet.ca> writes:

There will only be one database and set of tables, but one of the fields
in each table is the user identifier.  Fair warning - if you go full
per-user on a large system, this will MASSIVELY balloon the size of your
Bayes database, and most users will idle below the learning thresholds
for quite a long time.

Can you give an idea of the size calculation? I'm wanting to do this,
but I need to figure out how much space I need to allocate per user!

Thanks for the clarifications, this is super helpful.

i use fuglu, where pr user bayes is simple, and now that fuglu have solved the problem in that recipients envelope address is now caseInsEnsive used in bayes userdatabase it just works with fuglu

but there is more on my wish list, i have not yet pr user retrain mails classifed incorrect, currently only autolearn is working

with global bayes one should keep the database as big as possible, and well trained for all users, if its manuel trained it would be best, its just lots of time users need to do this for very little

fuglu do use spamd, and if i recall it also spamc, i have verifyed it is running pr user now

lets see if mimedefang can do it better

in amavisd you can make sasl usermaps to use bayes user maps, i know it exists, but have never succesfully got that to work