With the discussion of the KAM channel and Fedora's sa-update script that uses directory-based channel configuration, I went snooping into their script and systemd units. It looks like sa-update.cron has a 2-hour random delay before it looks for updates. I'm thinking it would be nice to move that delay into the systemd timer unit using the RandomizedDelaySec feature. This would allow the script to be run from the command line for immediate testing without waiting for the delay. The delay would be done by systemd, instead. The delay in the script should be configurable and able to be disabled in /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin, anyway. (For example, if it was to be used with the pre-systemd RHEL 6.) I'm throwing this here in case anyone sees a reason not to do this, before opening a bugzilla.