Am 2021-02-20 08:58, schrieb Dominic Raferd:
Is there a rule to catch cases where the domain of the Reply-To header
is a subtle variant on that in the To header. Take this (real) example
from a phishing email sent yesterday:

From: "Karen Howard" <ka...@interfacefm.com>

I realise that other elements of the address can be different without
being a reliable spam indicator but I think that interfacefm.com ->
intrefacefm.com are so similar and yet different that they should be
worth a few points. But I can't think how to write such a rule myself.

Use the "Damerau–Levenshtein distance" to calcutate the similarity. Since long I was interested to try this, but never found the time.

Michael