On Tue, 09 Mar 2021 08:52:28 -0500
Steve Dondley wrote:

> On 2021-03-09 08:42 AM, RW wrote:

> > If you keep a full archive of what's been trained. I think it makes
> > sense to trim out old mail occasionally and recreate the database -
> > particularly if it's a single user Bayes.
>
> I'm harvesting spam/ham across multiple servers from many different
> users on each server. Is there anything I should be aware of or
> worried about doing something like this? Do I risk the effectiveness
> of SA if it's not tailored to a specific user?

I was really thinking more of an individual running SA for their
own mail. It would be unusual for an admin to keep a full archive of
trained mail for each account.

Per user Bayes can be more accurate, but only if users take the
training seriously.

> I will also be allowing users to flag their own spam using the
> roundcube webmail client.

If you do that you should review the submissions.

> I'm not clear how the individual SA
> database works when there is also a server-wide database.

It's one or the other.