On 6 Apr 2021, at 11:48, Steve Dondley wrote:

I have emails that have been flagged as spam in the past but that are still getting through, presumably because the servers are on some DNSWL.

Example:

    SPF_HELO_NONE,SPF_SOFTFAIL shortcircuit=no autolearn=no
    autolearn_force=no version=3.4.2

What's the recommended way to handle these? Do I turn on shortcircuit?

Certainly NOT for Bayes, since it is fairly common for Bayes to be simply wrong on essentially random messages. I personally don't think shortcircuit qualifies as a generally useful feature in the modern world.

Do I bump up the score for BAYES_99, BAYES_999? Or might there be a way to ignore DNSWL scores if they have a high bayes score?

Rather than constructing a meta-rule for just that case, I adjust scores:

score      RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI  -2
score      BAYES_00 -1.0
score      BAYES_999 0.5

Because DNSWL has problematic sources, BAYES_00 is not really a great ham indicator, and BAYES_999 is better than the default score gives it credit for.

YMMV!

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire