I lost track of checking my spam folders recently for almost a week (I
filter to a maybe-spam folder on scores that are lower than what
doctrine says, splitting into really-ham, iffy, and really-spam -- it
was the iffy I didn't look at).  On checking, I refiled a bunch of ham
that had from 2 to 6 points.  There was much more of this than normal,
at all scores.

There are lots of reasons for the scores, some of which is just how it
is (MIME HTML with no HTML tag), and rDNS lookup failures on google
MTAs.  But one thing jumped out at me: a fair number of
RCVD_IN_SORBS_NR_SPAM hits, including for yahoo servers.  It seems to me
a bit much to apply that and 2.5 points for MTAs from freemails that
have mostly ham and some spam -- that's what 1 point for FREEMAIL_FROM
is for.  As usual, I look up rules that hit on my ham and think about
changing the score, but I can't find it.

So: was this rule in trunk or KAM, and was it withdrawn in the last
week?  Perhaps because of listing yahoo and maybe others?  I didn't find
anything about this on the users list.

The other problem on a small number of messages was RCVD_DOTEDU_SHORT.
I realize this must have passed masscheck, but getting a message of
1-1.5 kB from an address in .edu is to me not at all suspicious, and 2.5
points is a lot for something likely to appear in legitimate mail.  (In
my case it was a notification of air conditioning shutdown in a
particular building, and that's all there was to say.)

Thanks,
Greg