On 2021-06-15 19:44, Loren Wilton wrote:
My site is getting a lot of spam that is getting past spamassassin. Because it has a hone number to call, and rather than a link to login using username and password. Mostly fake amazon purchases.   They are getting past a lot of URL block lists because of that.   FWIW. - Mark

I have a number of "purchase" rules that add about 30 points for fake Amazon (and other) scams. I haven't had one get thru in the last couple of months since I instituted them, but I only have a personal account and not a whole site, so YMMV. None of them look for phone numbers, but I do have a set of rules for a handful of stolen business addresses commonly used in spams I get. They add a few points when those show up.

       Loren

That approach might be problematic on multi-user servers. I'm already getting FPs when someone does a copy/paste of an Amazon product page and sends it as mail. This triggers the "not from Amazon but has images from Amazon" rule, which is weighted quite high. The sender's signature typically has a phone number as well, so EvilNumbers would make things worse. I still think the rule and weight is appropriate for spam, so I'm looking for other ways to mitigate the FPs.

--
For SpamAsassin Users List