Benny Pedersen wrote:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781

is it solved in 3.4.6 ?

Don't know.  I took a look at the Gentoo SA package and it's pretty basic.  RE2C is pretty mature as is PERL.  Hard to believe Gentoo would mess that up.  But...

I got this a few months back when I copied what I thought was a single-quoted phrase, properly escaped it and all, only to find out the quote signs were some
Hungarian Goulash Unicode.

perl -ne 'print "$. $_" if m/[\x80-\xFF]/' <FILENAME.CF> can detect it.

Using some 3rd-party rulesets, like Heinlein's, can be problematic as well as
they have a lot of Unicode sprinkled throughout; the SA normalize_charset
conundrum.

A Thought,

-- Jared Hall