Philip Prindeville <philipp_s...@redfish-solutions.com> writes:

> I'm looking at the 0.001 scoring for SPF_NONE and scratching my head.  This
> was discussed a bit in early 2015, but maybe it needs revisiting with new
> perspective.
>
> Surely no one who cares about maintaining their reputation by
> protecting themselves against spoofing would fail to provide SPF
> records...  So how is this score arrived at?
>
> And of Ham, how much of it has a valid SPF?
>
> And of Spam, how much of it lacks a valid SPF?
>
> Has anyone run some numbers?

I see 0.001 as a score that says: this might be a spam sign, we don't
know, and this way it shows up in reports, without really affecting
anything.

Lots of people think SPF is silly.  And spammers spamming from a domain
they control can even dkim/dmarc.   So I agree that actual data would be
interesting.