On 12/15/2021 11:39 AM, Bill Cole wrote:
Am I missing something special that makes such research spam somehow not spam?

Everyone thinks that their own unsolicited bulk email - isn't spam. But a line must be drawn somewhere. In this case, the sender has absolutely no preexisting relationship to the recipient, and Raymond's statement about them sending to "scraped addresses" is, imo, devastating to their case. The closest argument that might have been possible is the idea that the email might potentially be of more benefit to the recipient than it is to the sender (e.g., sort of like a notification about a class action lawsuit) - but I can't find that argument anywhere in this situation either. But even class action lawsuit notifications are rarely sent to scraped addresses.

It's on my "to do" list to add those domains as permanent additions to invaluement's URI/domain bl sometime this week, when I get some more time. (I'm in the middle of some intense upgrades, so I barely had time to type this message.)

-- Rob McEwen, invaluement