On 22.07.22 11:26, Joey J wrote:
Most of the users servers I'm referring to are on the other side of our
mail gateway, so we know where they are sending from (through our gateway)
but when the client's domain is used on an inbound message, we would be
able to simply reject, knowing it's not the users servers sending it.

this is quite different problem from what you described before.

You can require sending mail with your domeins' envelope from to use authentication at your MTA level or from a trusted IP.

for postfix:

A day without sunshine is like, night.