> > I was wondering if spamassassin is applying some sort of algorithm to
> > comparing sender domain against recipient domain to detect a phishing
> > attempt?
>
> There is a suite of meta rules and subrules with names containing
> TO_EQ_FROM in the default rule channel. Consult the rules files for
> implementation details.

hmmm, I guess not

some test message with these headers
test2:~# spamassassin -D < spam-test.txt  > out2

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:10:07 +0200
To: recipi...@alexander.com
From: Lara <sen...@a1exander.com>
Subject: asdf asd fas df asdf asdf asd fas dfa sdf

gives this result:

        *      DNS
        *  0.0 T_TVD_MIME_EPI BODY: No description available.
        *  1.3 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS
        *  2.3 EMPTY_MESSAGE Message appears to have no textual parts