On 2023-10-30 at 12:45:31 UTC-0400 (Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:45:31 +0000)
Linkcheck via users <spamassas...@linkcheck.co.uk>
is rumored to have said:

I have just updated Debian to Bookworm in order to install SA 4. Very few problems so far but the postfix log is giving:

"spamd: still running as root: user not specified with -u, not found, or set to root, falling back to nobody"

I am not sure where to specify an appropriate user (and possibly how and what). Help, please?

If you do not understand very specifically WHY you NEED spamd to run as some specific other user, DO NOT DO IT. If your only reason for asking this is the log entry, just forget about it.

'man spamd' provides more info.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire