On 2024-03-21 at 12:08:48 UTC-0400 (Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:08:48 +0100)
Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
is rumored to have said:

On 20.03.24 16:58, Bill Cole wrote:
I'm not sure how I've not noticed before, but unless I'm missing something, there is no way to replicate the [block,welcome]list functionalities of the spamassassin script when using the spamc/spamd interface.

Does anyone see it hiding somewhere that I don't?

Does anyone have any rationale for this missing functionality?

I don't expect that it would be difficult to add. (Something I've believed every time I've taken on a coding task...)

How/where did you try to define it?

The *lists are used by spamd just fine, but spamd cannot do the equivalent of the spamassassin script's -R, -W, and related commands because spamc has no way to tell it to do those things.

"spamc -u" should pass username to spamd which then should use that users' user_prefs file (if it exists) unless spamd was started with "-x" parameter or can't access that file.

Imagine a world where spamc and spamd run on different machines, the ones with spamc may or may not have a working SA installation, and the spamd is using sitewide {W,B}Lists. Or per-user prefs but in a DB with virtual users.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire