On 2024-04-03 at 05:49:20 UTC-0400 (Wed, 3 Apr 2024 11:49:20 +0200)
Emmanuel Seyman <emman...@seyman.fr>
is rumored to have said:

Hello, all.

It's taken me nearly a year to realize this but spamassassin sends to
syslog with the local3 facility, not 'mail' as I had assumed.

The spamd daemon logs as mail as configured in the source distribution, but a packager (e.g. Debian) may modify that. If you are using something else to call Spamassassin, e.g. Amavis, MIMEDefang, etc., that other software controls the logging.

Is this something that can be configured?

If you're running spamd, the facility is set with the "-s" option, as documented in the man page.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire