Bill Cole skrev den 2024-04-24 19:37:
On 2024-04-24 at 12:27:01 UTC-0400 (Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:27:01 +0200)
Benny Pedersen <m...@junc.eu>
is rumored to have said:

For example, it matches on
*  3.1 URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET Non-MSFT image hosted by Microsoft Azure
infra, possible phishing

this is not in spamassassin core rules

Yes, it is:

        updates_spamassassin_org # grep -n '[^A-Z]* URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET' *
        72_active.cf:5635:##{ URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET
72_active.cf:5637:meta URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET __URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET && !__RCD_RDNS_SMTP && !__REPTO_QUOTE && !__URI_DOTEDU 72_active.cf:5638:#score URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET 3.500 # limit 72_active.cf:5639:describe URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET Non-MSFT image hosted by Microsoft Azure infra, possible phishing
        72_active.cf:5640:tflags     URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET         publish

it is publish, so waste of config in public :)

        72_active.cf:5641:##} URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET
72_scores.cf:408:score URI_IMG_CWINDOWSNET 3.136 3.060 3.136 3.060

It is being drawn in from John Hardin's sandbox, where he committed the rule on 2024-01-21 in r1915356

i know this, so if its stable rule in core rules i can turn of to get it from trunk

 *  2.6 HOSTED_IMG_DIRECT_MX Image hosted at large ecomm, CDN or
hosting
 *      site, message direct-to-mx

also not in default rule sets

Also NOT TRUE. That one is in the same sandbox source and was last tweaked in r1915433 on 2024-01-28

i do not always check changelogs on core rulesets, sorry for that

It also matches on ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE and BOUNCE_MESSAGE. Should metas
be created to avoid adding the above scores?

What more can be done to improve deliverability of these messages?
Perhaps this is something postfix can identify and bypass scanning?

it matches bounces since its a bounce, alt that is seen as a results of forwarding emails

More helpfully, it is possible to exempt bounces from filtering by SpamAssassin, a trick that is accomplished by whatever mechanism you use to 'glue' SA and your MTA (postfix, I assume...) not by SA itself. In the case of postfix, there are about a half-dozen mechanisms one can use so I can't say for sure. However, in general, if you are using a milter interface you must do the discrimination in the milter, while other glue mechanisms can provide selective filtering in postfix (at the cost of doing it within postfix.)

yes, vbounce should handle this to only make noice on localy bounces, and since spamassassin does not reject we all have to see external bounces aswell

A message which matches BOUNCE_MESSAGE (and hence also ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE) is fairly unlikely to be spam, but we have pegged the scores for all the *BOUNCE_MESSAGE rules at 0.1 just to make sure that they are always published and visible as control points that can be used by sites that have a particular need to accept (or shun) some or all bounces.

i have disabled this plugin, if that matter