On 10-06-2024 15:05, giova...@paclan.it wrote:
On 6/9/24 7:31 PM, John Hardin wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jun 2024, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

On 2024-06-08 14:45:34, Bill Cole wrote:

I went looking for a better fix and found a reported issue at
https://github.com/SpamExperts/pyzor/issues/155 matching my original
symptoms in which a workaround was provided: install directly from
the GitHub project's master.zip link, i.e. a snapshot assembled from
the current state of the repo, which claims to be v1.1.1. I do not
like that solution at all, and added a comment to that issue
suggesting that they fix the problem by cutting a release for
PyPI. No response yet, but it has only been a matter of minutes.

The same issue was reported in 2016 and ignored for eight years before
being closed out of frustration (rather than because they did
something about it):

 https://github.com/SpamExperts/pyzor/issues/54

Perhaps the project should consider retiring Pyzor as "no longer effectively maintained"?

I think this is a valid option, Perl implementation is a reverse engineering effort and absolutely not perfect.
  Giovanni

Note that Pyzor also uses a server-side component to function. The default is maintained by the Pyzor team as well, I assume. The hostname 'public.pyzor.org' currently points to a host with an RDNS 'server36.seinternal.com.', which could be some internal host owned by SpamExperts (who also maintains the pyzor codebase).

You don't know the status of that infrastructure either. So I'd be careful when using the public servers too. That's always true for public gratis services, but maybe take some extra caution as the project seems less alive.

Tom