Am 2024-06-14 21:20, schrieb Matus UHLAR - fantomas:
grep -ri "FONT_INVIS_NORDNS" /var/lib/spamassassin/ | grep describe
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/72_active.cf: describe FONT_INVIS_NORDNS Invisible text + no rDNS

In my case, I can say with certainty that the mail comes from a business partner of a colleague :-)

If you want to find out more, feed the mail to "spamassassin -D" and that should explain which text matched which rules.

and as we told you already, your client should NOT play with small or semi-invisible text in mail. That's what spamers do.

Cool, but now I ve more questions! :-)

When the eMail arrived the score was 6.248. I repeat the testlist:

BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1,
 DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, DMARC_PASS=-0.001, FONT_INVIS_MSGID=2.497,
FONT_INVIS_NORDNS=1.544, HTML_FONT_TINY_NORDNS=1.514, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RDNS_NONE=0.793, RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD=2, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001,
 T_KAM_HTML_FONT_INVALID=0.01, T_SCC_BODY_TEXT_LINE=-0.01

But when piping the eMail to spamassassin -D the score is 10.5! And RDNS_NONE gets a 1.3!

2.5 URIBL_DBL_SPAM Contains a spam URL listed in the Spamhaus DBL
                            blocklist
                            [URI: www.example.com]
                            [URI: example.com]
 0.0 SPF_HELO_NONE          SPF: HELO does not publish an SPF Record
0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid 0.1 DKIM_INVALID DKIM or DK signature exists, but is not valid
 2.0 RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD       Relayed through spammy country at some point
 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: Nachricht enth<E4>lt HTML
-0.0 T_SCC_BODY_TEXT_LINE   No description available.
 1.2 FONT_INVIS_NORDNS      Invisible text + no rDNS
1.3 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS 0.0 T_KAM_HTML_FONT_INVALID Test for Invalidly Named or Formatted Colors
                            in HTML
 2.5 FONT_INVIS_MSGID       Invisible text + suspicious message ID
 0.0 HTML_FONT_TINY_NORDNS  Font too small to read, no rDNS
 0.9 DMARC_NONE             DMARC none policy

Let's just assume that the colleague is corresponding with a spammer and the colleague knows nothing about it. I'm just interested to know why the score is lower when the last mail arrived than in the current test. Is it because a few hours have already passed and the mail is rated differently in the DNS blocklists? Or could it be that something is still wrong with my configuration? However, I can see in the journal that every mail is checked against blocklists, may be not completly? This difference is now irritating me.