   MK> Jake Colman wrote:
   >> If my sendmail server is down, a backup MX in a different domain catches
all
   >> my email.  When my sendmail server comes back up, the backup MX dumps all
the
   >> mail it's been holding for me.  It seems that all the email sent to me in
   >> this manner bypasses my SA filtering.  Why should this be?  I beleive that
   >> what I am saying is accurate because if I examine the email headers for
   >> emails sent by the backup MX, they do not have my X-Spam headers.

   MK> How do you call spamassassin for your normal mail?

   MK> Without knowing how normal mail gets to SA, it's hard to guess why
   MK> mail from the secondary isn't getting to SA.

I use a /etc/procmailrc with the following contents:

DROPPRIVS=yes
##LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

:0:
* ^Subject:.*SPAM
caughtspam

:0fw
* < 256000
| spamc

:0:
caughtspam

This should file all emails flagged with "SPAM" in the subject (my emails get
pre-filtered by a relay box) in a 'caughtspam' folder.  All other mails are
piped through spamc and then, if X-Spam-Status is 'Yes', they also get filed
in 'caughtspam'.

--
Jake Colman
Sr. Applications Developer