Hello Mark,

MGT> I'm new here, and am not positive if this is the right place to
MGT> ask this question.

Yes, it is.

MGT> I am not sure how to proceed in determining what broke and why.

MGT> I had no troubles with SpamAssassin-3.0.2, but after following the same
MGT> configure and build steps, I'm getting a test failure on 3.0.3, for a
MGT> test that is fine in 3.0.2.  I've repeated clean untar, configure, "make",
MGT> and "make test" for both versions, and still get this new failure on 3.0.3,
MGT> but not 3.0.2.  This is the only test that fails on my system.

By "clean untar", do you mean you opened the tar into a new/empty
directory, and then did all the install steps in that directory, with
nothing left behind from any previous install?

If so, then that's good, and what should have worked.

By "configure", do you mean "perl Makefile.pl"?

I've found occasional problems when I attempt to "remake" SA in a
directory structure that already has previous files in it. However,
working in a completely clean directory has always worked for me.

Bob Menschel