On Thursday, May 26, 2005, 12:49:05 PM, Evan Langlois wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:42 -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:

>> For site wide, I'm pretty much against it. I know people will argue that
>> point. I'm obviously biased towards SARE rules updated with RDJ. And the use
>> of URIBL.com lists. But these allow a general users, or a sitewide install
>> to "set and forget". Which is what we strive for, so SA can be more widley
>> excepted.
>>
>> I have a 99% filter rate without bayes. And I'm proud of that.

> I've been testing URIBL and SURBL against just reversing the hostnames
> and looking it up on SBL-XBL,

SBL and XBL have numeric IP addresses, so they shouldn't match
host names.

SURBLs on the other hand have mostly domain names with a few IPs.
Whatever appears in URI host portions is what goes into SURBLs.
Usually URIs have domain names so that's what most of the SURBL
records are.

Cheers,

Jeff C.
--