Yep - been after that for a while. To date I've found nothing within
my capabilities that can do it; to be fair I've not seen anything bar
MySQL server farms that will do it - and the memory requirements for
that exclude it from realistic options.

Which seems to leave the answer, as you suggest, in either SA itself
or the connector. In our case it may be that changes can be made that
allow the connector to specify which MySQL SA should use.

One issue that arises from this approach is synching up the data. I'd
expect that in an established corpus minor changes in the synch's
would mean negligible changes in scores. If we ever get it working I
may find out :-D

Nigel