Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=D4od_pro_CI=C2IS_VI=E1GRRA?=
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Go=F6d_offr_C=EFAIS_VI=E3GRRA?=
Subject: V pr=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=F3per_C=CCAIS_V=CCAGRRA?=
Subject: V with y=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=F3u_CIA=ECS_VI=C5GRRA?=
Subject: Works G=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=D4od_CIA=ECS_VIAGRR=E2?=

If I were to venture a guess:
   /\?iso\-8859\-1\?.*(CI|C).*(VI)?(GR+A|GR).*\?=/i

What do you think of that?

On 8/26/05 1:39 PM this was written:

From: "Kris Deugau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thomas Deliduka wrote:
I have been dealing with a spammer that seems to defy every option to
limit him. So, I decided to create a final rule that should kill him.
I noticed that the subject in the text file always looks like

=3D?iso-8859-1?blah blha blah

It may or may not have 3D sometimes it's P3 or something so I made a
subject rule like this in my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:

header   L_ISO_SUBJECT Subject =~ /iso\-8859\-/i
describe L_ISO_SUBJECT Last Ditch Attempt against this Arse
score    L_ISO_SUBJECT 5.2

But I see a TON of e-mails that come through with a subject line like
that above and none of them are trapped by L_ISO_SUBJECT none!

Why would this be.

You want to use Subject:raw, so as to run your rule on the raw ASCII
subject line.  What you're testing there is the *decoded* Subject: which
naturally has no encoding specification in it.

header   L_ISO_SUBJECT Subject:raw =~ /iso\-8859\-/i

should work for what you're trying to do.

If I get that annoyed, I usually just save myself some processing time
and stuff in a procmail rule instead of playing with SA.

-kgd

Off hand I'd say that was a very bad rule. I receive a fair amount of
mail with that header that is quite positively ham. It's almost all
from Linux related lists.

--

Thomas Deliduka
Chief Technology Officer