Thanks for your help.
I will try this out, and see how it goes.
Presumably it could be amended to check for Mike, Michael or blank to
avoid the problem you mentioned.
I will look up the regular expression syntax and see if I can suss it out.

> From: Mike Spamassassin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> I have seen a rule to identify that the "From" address does not have a
"real name", which I presume is the description (i.e. in my case "Mike
Spamassassin").  I would like to have a rule which identifies emails
where the "To" address does not contain either "Mike" or "Michael".
Has anyone created a similar rule, or can anyone point me in the right
direction.

> As has been pointed out before, this is generally a bad idea.  There are
lots of newsletters and mailing lists (including this one) that do not
put your name in the "To" field.

> If you want to try it, you can use a rule such as this:
>
>     header NOT_MY_NAME To:name !~ /\b(?:Mike|Michael)\b/i
>     score NOT_MY_NAME 0.5
>     describe NOT_MY_NAME To does not contain Mike or Michael
>
> Adjust the score to your liking.  Don't put it too high until you are
sure it's not going to produce too may false positives.