I suspect that Sprint is doing this to save on text messaging characters
from Cell Phones.

I beleive the message ID is RFC, the subject is just curtesy..

> SprintPCS Phone email causes this:
>
> They are sent from [EMAIL PROTECTED], where N is a number
> for phone.
>
> Content analysis details:   (5.5 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ----------------------
>  0.2 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
>  1.5 FROM_STARTS_WITH_NUMS  From: starts with nums
>  0.5 FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS      From: ends in numbers
>  1.7 MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID      Message-Id for external message added locally
>  1.6 MISSING_SUBJECT        Missing Subject: header
>  0.0 MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER  Message-Id was added by a relay
>
> I'd think sprint would take care of the missing SUBJECT header and Messege
> ID! Isn't that an RFC requirement? Or just common email curtesy?
>
> Chris Santerre
> SysAdmin and SARE/URIBL ninja
> http://www.uribl.com
> http://www.rulesemporium.com

----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Network and Systems Project Management and Installation and
Web Hosting.
Phone: 919-618-2557
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
            First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!