Casey King writes:
Because RDJ -lints SA, I have tried to create a cron job that would stop
Spamd from running.  I do not want it using up so much memory since
MailScanner calls SA on its own. My crontab looks like this:
[snip]

Does anyone have another idea of what I can do to shutdown SA after RDJ
lints SA?  I am getting tired of stopping SA from the command line.

Where do you define your trusted_rulesets? i define mine in /etc/sysconfig/rulesdujour, which also contains a line like this: SA_RESTART=/scripts/do_nothing.sh
Content of /scripts/do_nothing.sh
#!/bin/bash
# This script takes care of the SA_RESTART parameter in rules_du_jour
exit 0 Works like a charm, so far..
- dhawal