Chris Thielen wrote:

> Hi Casey,
>
> Larry and Dhawal are correct, you shouldn't be restarting spamd if you
> don't use it (spamassassin --lint does NOT require spamd). I recommend
> changing SA_RESTART to a command that will restart MailScanner, or cause
> MailScanner to reload its config files.
>
> Note: I don't know that mailscanner can actually reload SpamAssassin
> config files, I just assume it might have the capability.
>
> Chris Thielen

If you are using MailScanner you should _never_ run spamd/spamc

Chris - you still need to run --lint on the SA rules.

The way to get MS working with RDJ is to make a minor change to the script

Change the line starting:
SA_RESTART=

to read:

SA_RESTART="/etc/init.d/MailScanner restart";  # Command used to restart
spamd

HTH

Michele

--