[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I been trying to "optimize" SA on my system and decided to look at the
> rules I have that SA uses. Im using qmail with SA 3.1 on Fedora Core 2. I
> started SA in debug mode and noticed a bunch of rules running in another
> folder on top of what I have in my up to date rules folder. The rules in
> this other folder are in /usr/share/spamassassin. Should I delete all of
> these rules or do they need to be there?

They need to be there unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

Those files in /usr/share/spamassassin/ ARE the SA rules.. They contain all of
the rules that officially come with SA, and are the rules listed on the "tests"
web-page ( http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests.html)

Your 'up to date' rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin that you fetch with RDJ are
add-ons. They are not the official spamassassin ruleset, but 3rd party rulesets
written by community members who want to write fast-changing rulesets to keep
abreast of the latest spam trends. However, every 3rd party rule writer intends
these to be used as a supplement to the basic rules that come with SA.