On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Matthew S. Cramer wrote:

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:23:54PM -0600, Mike Loiterman wrote:

spamassassin -D --lint > debug.txt 2>&1

[22511] dbg: bayes: database connection established
[22511] dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 3
[22511] dbg: bayes: unable to initialize database for root user, aborting!
[22511] dbg: bayes: not scoring message, returning undef
[22511] dbg: bayes: opportunistic call attempt failed, DB not readable

Have you tried running sa-learn with a piece of mail?  I run sitewide
bayes (not per-user) in MySQL and after setting up the access and
making the tables, my lint was failing like your's above.

Doing an sa-learn to populate the tables with some data first allowed
the lint to work without any bayes errors.

I had the exact same problem with sitewide bayes and running sa-learn and feeding it mail also fixed the problem...
Good thing for archives, it saved me a ton of time.