From: Mike Jackson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:27 PM
To: 'SpamAssassin'
Subject: Re: Newbie looking for info...

> Personally, I use SpamAssassin on my personal E-Mail server (which is
> hosted
> by someone else for me, and is a Linux server) and I love it.  I'm
> particularly depressed that as long as it's been in development, nobody's
> thought to simplify the install process.  Heck, the "installing on
> windows"
> page is a complex 14 step process JUST to install it, not to mention
> configuration.

This is totally off the cuff, but would it be possible to install
ActiveState Perl and all the required SpamAssassin Perl modules on a single
workstation, then use something like Inno Setup to bundle them all together
into something that could be deployed with...well, more than one mouse
click, but I'll bet my three-year-old could click through a standard Windows

installer.