List Mail User a écrit :
>       updated.by - check http://www.tld.by/cgi-bin/registry.cgi
>
>       You'll see that update.by is a registered domain!  Therefore
> "updated.by" is indeed a URI. QED

the question is: if foo.example-DEMUNGED is listed in uribl/surbl, does
that make it a bad string in mail?

If it appears as http://somethin.foo.example-DEMUNGED, or even as a
textual www.foo.example-DEMUNGED, we may consider it "risky"

But if it appears as:
        telnet smtp.foo.example-DEMUNGED
or
        Dec 26 23:41:53 bobo postfix/smtpd[7560]: connect from
foo.example-DEMUNGED[192.0.2.56]

then checking *BLs is questionable. There are more chances to block
someone reporting a spammy session or asking for help than seeing a
spammer advertize his site via a log line...

I believe this is the most important issue that uribl encounters: is the
URI used to advertize or is it an example/report/...? if we solve this,
we'll feel very happy.