>I recently got an FP for an (opted in) gfi.com newsletter.

> DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE=0.479, DNS_FROM_RFC_POST=1.44, DNS_FROM_RFC_WHOIS=0.879,
> FROM_EXCESS_BASE64=1.052, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, HTML_TAG_EXIST_TBODY=0.126,
> MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART=0.241, SUBJECT_EXCESS_BASE64=0]
>
>So they managed to cross the line;-p
>
>Question: Isn't DNS_FROM_RFC_POST score too high?
>
>The message is a bit long, so I am not posting it here. or should I?

        Hmm,  those rfci listings were nominated by me.  It was only eight
months ago, but I don't remember why (I don't go looking for nominations,
something has to make me look at the domain, usually spam, a port scan
or a DoS).  But now, with more experience, the address is even more bogus
that the evidence shows, the region listed is invalid, but the city *does*
exist despite most mapping services not finding it;  The postal code is
valid (and matches the city);  The actual evidence cited is no longer
sufficient (I know better now - better data sources available), though
the non-internationally formatted telephone number is:  They should be
able to clear the whois listing by just prepending a '+' to their telephone
and fax numbers and changing the region identifier from just "MT" to which
ever of "MT MM" or "MT MX" is correct (or leaving it out - Malta doesn't
require it for postal delivery).

        I find the general rule for any sort of newsletter is that if
marketing is involved at all, whitelisting is called for.  GFI... now
I remember - they spammed me pushing software development tools.  Oh,
well - You could ask them politely to fix the abuse@ and postmaster@
accounts, fix their registration data, leave out the blank lines, send
the newsletter in plain text or all of the above plus whitelist them.  It
looks like nearly any one of the rules above, if cleared would bring the
mail below the threshold (and they *should* fix the registration data,
even if it was an unintentional mistake - In fact, if they just used the
same data formatted as they list it on the "Contact Us" page on their web
site, they would be in compliance).

        Paul Shupak
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]